We strive to have thoughtful speakers who aim to change the conversation about their chosen topics and ideas. How do we change the conversation? How do we have more people providing more outside-the-box thinking?
Who Are We Looking For?
- A local voice in the Greater Des Moines area. Do you have ideas worth spreading? Even if you don’t have any previous public speaking experience, we want you to apply! This event is open to anyone with an idea worth spreading. All selected speakers will receive coaching.
- Our goal is to provide a platform for diverse perspectives, including but not limited to, geography, ethnicity, race, industry, gender and gender identity, different abilities, socioeconomic status, age, language, sexual orientation, multiculturalism, new Iowans (refugees, immigrants, transplants), marital status, political affiliation, veteran status, industry and discipline, etc. We want to hear your story from your own lens. Every human has a unique story to share.
- We welcome speakers shedding a light on ideas that amplify unheard voices. We want ideas that help us learn more about vulnerable communities in our region. We want to hear about the impact of COVID-19 on your life, and social and racial justice perspectives.
- We welcome anyone who can present their field in a new light. We need innovators and disruptors. Are you one of them?
- We are looking for someone with a perspective to which the global TEDx community may not have access. Have you seen your idea presented the way you would have presented it? If not, it is time to share it with the world.